Pages

Monday, August 7, 2023

Mountain views in acrylic

Rila mountain, acrylic 12" x 9"

Hillside shrubs, acrylic 12" x 9"
(based on Gerald Ashcroft's tutorial)

I want to thank my friend, Dina, for making me sign for a painting workshop last weekend. It was at the McMichael's gallery so we also saw the Tommy Thompson exhibition. That unlocked something in me and I couldn't stop thinking about painting. 

For courage, I went through a tutorial by an Australian artist Gerald Ashcroft, whose loose style attracted me. Following it, I did the second landscape with only four colors and a painting knife. Then I applied the same technique to the top view from the Rila mountains in Bulgaria. Each painting took me about two hours and I truly enjoyed doing them.

2 comments:

Judy said...

The joy is oozing from both of them! I love this technique with the painting knife. Truely gorgeous paintings, Blaga!

Sadami said...

Dear Blaga, your acrylic paintings look so beautiful and vivid. I hope you'll enjoy it fully in the future!
Kind regards, Sadami