Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Valletta

Valletta from the sea 1, watercolor 54 x 30 cm
Valletta from the sea 4,  watercolor 30 x 23 cm
A poisonous atmosphere at work has been killing my desire to paint and draining my creative energy for a couple of years now. Painting makes me feel better, but like today, often I have to force myself to take the brush. I'm glad I did, as I feel much better now.
These are four attempts at a view of Valletta, from a photo I took last month when approaching the city from the sea. It was an early morning, when the sea was still very calm. There were beautiful reflections in the water. I tried slightly different techniques, although in the end they all look very similar. There is something I like in each one, but most importantly, I enjoyed painting them.

Valletta from the sea 2, watercolor 40 x 30 cm

Valletta from the sea 3, watercolor 30 x 23 cm

7 comments:

Judy said...

So sorry to hear about your work atmosphere. Those things can be very exhausting. I am glad you took up your brushes, Blaga, and that you could found joy in painting! I see something beautiful in all of them too, the calm of the water you captured very well! Must be a beautiful place!

Rita Vaselli said...

The beautiful ambience of the island seems to be the perfect opposite of the atmosphere that surrounds you at work.
Painting brings us into a different dimension where re-establish peace, when, for so many reasons our life becomes difficult. . Seascapes so bright, your fresh colors, brings joy to watch. I hope all soon well at work,dear Blaga.

Gordon said...

These are very nice and relaxing to look at, and I'm very pleased to see you painting. Hobbies are one of the best medicines for what ails you, and you excel at yours !

Polly Birchall said...

I agree with what Rita says. Sometimes Painting can make you forget the stresses around you. I love all three. You can feel the calmness and the atmosphere and the heat of the day. Take care, I hope things improve for you

Blaga said...

Thank you, dear friends, for your compassion. I wrote the phrase about my work as an explanation for the lengthier pauses in my blog lately. I realize now that it came out a bit like whining, which wasn't the intention. I'm hardly an exception with my problems, everybody has them. I do appreciate a lot your understanding and encouragement though! And all of you are right, that painting is a medicine - I'll try taking it as such...

Beatriz Abel said...

Todos las imágenes son muy bellas, la que más me gusta por su delicadeza es la que esta debajo de todas las otras, es muy sutil

Merce Ares said...

Hola Blaga: Preciosas todas las obras, me encanta ese azul intenso del mar, cada una tiene su encanto. Saludos!!!