Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

More from Valletta


Building in Valletta, watercolor 
Building in Valletta, charcoal sketch
A couple more scenes from Malta. In the top one the challenge were the intricate details of the building. In the end I decided to go against the architect's design and to align all columns and capitals so I can paint it in fewer lines. 
The bottom painting became too overworked. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the complex repetitive patterns - the row of parked cars and the multitude of covered balconies. Simplifying complex architectural subjects is not an easy task... 

Street in Valletta, watercolor 30 x 40 cm


8 comments:

Rita Vaselli said...

I really like your architectural watercolors, very bright ... it's a difficult subject, but you're well talented for painting cityscapes!(I don't yet painted urban landscape,dear Blaga)
Have nice week!

Gordon said...

Your compositions are A1and good choices
in color make these very enjoyable to view.

Polly Birchall said...

Such difficult subjects, especially those old windows, you have captured it well.

Anonymous said...

You are fabulous at architectural scenes, Blaga! I really like the one with the row of cars! So funny, I just looked at an online photoalbum by a friend of pictures of her holiday in Malta. I recognize the balconies.

Merce Ares said...

hola Blaga: Impecables acuarelas realizadas con sentido arquitectónico excelente y bellas tonalidades. Felicitaciones!!! Un abrazo!!

Beatriz Abel said...

Un trabajo laborioso, y un resultado muy interesante, me gusta!

Oils said...

The watercolor painting is my favorite.

Sadami said...

Hi, Blaga, I have a feeling you are getting how to handle landscapes and architecture, aren't u? If so, let us celebrate it!!! Go, go, Blaga. Work is beautiful and techinically sophisticate. Best wishes, Sadami