Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Fruit basket

Fruit Basket, watercolor 54 x 42 cm
Have you noticed how the works of other artists make you notice things and scenes that seemed ordinary before. When I looked at this basket on my table, I thought of a painting that Judy did some time ago. Then I noticed the beautiful light and shadow patterns over the checkered tablecloth. And I couldn't resist...
First wash of the painting
I painted this opposite to  the normal watercolor technique - from light to dark. I started with the shadows and then added the light colors.

I remember how intimidated I used to be when painting on a large piece of paper. Now I like it, it makes me feel more inspired and excited.

Inferno, acrylic on canvas board, 30 x 23 cm
And this is just a playful experiment with pouring acrylics over a canvas-board. The result looks like a reflection of the atmosphere at the office in the last year :)

8 comments:

Sadami said...

ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ

Jane said...

Your fruit basket is gorgeous a really great work ! And I like your dramatic abstract....must have been quite a hot atmosphere in the office :-))

Floriana Quaini said...

Ciao,
dai tuoi dipinti si sente sempre la passione e la voglia di sperimentare...elementi fondamentali, secondo me, nella pittura...
ciao, ciao, Floriana

Rita Vaselli said...

Great works, opposite style....lovely realism and strong abstract! Congratulation dear Blaga for your beautiful talent on painting so well,anything!

Wendy Barrett said...

Hi Blaga, I have just stumbled upon your beautiful blog via Jane's blog - True Colors. What a wonderful style you have!

JANE MINTER said...

lots of energy there Blaga ...beautiful watercolour ...simple but difficult to capture

Judy said...

I love the light and patterns of the tablecloth, so beautifully captured, Blaga! Funny that you were inspired by my apples. Interesting that you started with the darks. I hope next year the atmosphere in your office will be less 'firy', but I love the painting!

Sadami said...

hi, blaga, i'm typing with both hands from yesterday. I've started to wash a suture line with salt water in a left wrist. A caring publisher helen and sweet mentors say "concentrate on recovery for a while." I'm so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people like you! i'm getting better. Kind regards sadami