Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Feeding the birds

Arches, 30 x 40 cm
When I was taking the reference photo I was intrigued by all the movement in this scene.

It is interesting how much painting changes the way we see the world around us. We start noticing things, that we used to take for granted. We discover colors, patterns, shapes and textures that we didn't think existed. And we take interest in objects, views and scenes, which we would have barely noticed before.

And then comes the potential of re-interpreting. For example, in real life the girl on my previous post was simply taking a picture of something tiny on the beach. So she had crouched with a camera in her hand stretched out, trying to take her perfect shot. I chose to see her differently.

This scene above I painted almost literally. It seemed so lively.

8 comments:

Rita Vaselli said...

Hello Blaga!I see you're working on the figure: with lovely amazing results!!!

Judy said...

You see the world through painter's eyes now, Blaga! Wonderful painting, I like especially the birds and their shadows, that suggest movement. The figure is fabulous!

Jane said...

You really painted this well Blaga. The movement of the girl is great and you did her figure perfectly. You can almost hear the shrieking of the sea gulls...great energy here. Have a nice weekend !

renate said...

Hello Blaga:) Since I paint I see things different. I can stare at a tree for a long time seeing every little detail of it. If I look at the sky I wonder if I can paint it the same way as it looks. Sometimes I get tired by it, but it's so wonderful:) Your painting is very beautiful. The sea gulls are beautiful and the woman is too! Great job!

Lynn Cohen said...

Beautiful capture of movement and shadows too. Love it.

Lydie said...

Beautiful and alive interpretation Keep your eyes open ;)))) that is our greatest pleasure.

Tito said...

Wow! What a beautiful scene! You have perfectly capture all the movement of the girl and those of the sea gulls. Great job, Blaga! Ciao.

Blaga said...

Dear friends, thank you all for your comments! Have a nice week and enjoy painting!