Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Andalucia 2

Wine Gate at Alhambra, watercolor, 32 x 42 cm
Gates of Anadalucia 2, watercolor, 28 x 38 cm
When I now look at these two paintings they seem like the works of two different people, and not because of the quality of the photos. The top one is really this bright and contrasting. I was trying to depict the scene in its early morning light with the sharp edges and emphasized colors. I like the result with its almost acrylic look. But I also like the much softer quality of the more typical watercolor at the bottom, which is not about light, but rather textures and patterns. I used some watercolor pencils for that too.

It is hard for me to find time for painting and blogging now that the weather is warm and being outdoors is irresistible. So, forgive me if I am late to visit your blogs. Have a lovely week!

11 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Blaga, two paintings are lovely and both seem to be done by the same person who is very sensitive and caring. Thank u for vising my blog. Take it easy for blogging. I always visit your blog happily.
Best wishes, Sadami

Lydie said...

These doors are beautiful, the architecture is remarkable.
I think you could try to incorporate a small part of the walls in a very succinct, freely touch, but not all the way around for a loser style.

JANE MINTER said...

same hand blaga :) wonderful work ... beautiful soft light on the door way

Polly Birchall said...

Shows how versatile you are using two different styles. Do enjoy the lovely weather, blogging can wait.

Blaga said...

Thank you, Sadami, you are always so kind :)

Thank you for the comment, Lydie, and thank you even more for the advice. I did have the feeling that the door is somehow hanging in the air. I am planning to do a few more of these and will try to take your advice.

Thank you, Jane!

Thank you, Polly, ok, let's call it versatile ;)

Judy said...

Different atmosphere, both beautiful, Blaga. Love the doorways, I can see your inspiration!

Blaga said...

That's true, Judy, this architecture is inspiring. I'm trying to depict just some of the details. Thank you for your nice words!

Rita Vaselli said...

Your luminous watercolors express very well the earth Andalusian!All your travel memories form a beautiful watercolors collection : you can be very proud!
Have nice summer days!

Merce Ares said...

Hola Blaga: Las dos acuarelas estan hermosas e impecables, aunque se manejó de distinta forma. Disfruta del buen tiempo y de tus vacaciones!!Saludos!!

renate said...

Dear Blaga:) Both are beautiful and I can see the second has a lot of work in because of the different textures. The first painting though is my favorite. I love the scene and as you said yourself; bright and great contrasting. I love the depth of the port and the beautiful sky. Well done! Hugs:)xx

Blaga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.